While many of us are dreaming of traveling, now is the best time to actually plan your vacation. Africa is a top bucket list destination for this year and next, and those that plan now for a future African safari will be rewarded with an ultimate, life-changing experience.
To help you plan a dream safari, we recommend working with an expert travel advisor. Here are a few tips to consider as you begin your planning process.
1. Stay at Safari Camps that Offer Flexibility
In this changing landscape, it is important to stay at camps and lodges that understand our dynamic environment and offer flexibility should you need to change your reservation. As your trusted Virtuoso travel advisor, we can guide you to 5-star experiences that offer no change fees.
2. Understand Safety and Wellness Policies
We work with our travel partners to ensure safety and wellness policies are in place at all camps and lodges, as well as understanding the latest travel protocols and any travel restrictions. We create safari experiences that deliver excellent health and safety protocols and five-star service.
3. Choose Private Reserves and Open Spaces
Africa’s wide-open spaces await. To ensure the most intimate experience we recommend staying at lodges and camps in private reserves and conservancies. You’ll enjoy more flexibility with private game drives and a limited number of guests.
For those looking to travel in the next six months, East Africa is a great option to see Africa without crowds. We recommend visiting different areas while on safari to experience Africa’s contrasting landscape and wildlife.
4. Don’t Wait! Book a Bucket Experience Now
Destinations such as South Africa, Botswana and Egypt are in demand for later this year and next. We recommend securing exclusive savings and experiences now because space is limited for future travel.
5. Protect Your Investment
With an investment like a safari, travel insurance is a must. Opting for a “cancel for any reason” policy offers flexibility, peace of mind, and benefits like cash back and future travel certificates. We can help guide you in selecting the best coverage for your particular needs and travel adventure.
Inclusive African Safari Experiences
At Global Travel Destinations, we have access to a wide variety of inclusive travel packages, each with a private guide and five-star accommodations. We work closely with travel partners who have lived and traveled extensively throughout the continent and are dedicated to creating the ultimate African safari experience. Knowledgeable local guides share their wealth of expertise on every safari vacation.
We’ve highlighted several inclusive African safari packages below. These include accommodations in luxurious camps and lodges, game drives and sightseeing activities, and mouth-watering cuisine.
If you prefer, we can also work with you to create your own bespoke African safari experience, perfect for an intimate group of family and friends.
- KENYA IN STYLE: A 10-day safari adventure round trip from Nairobi. Follow the Big Five across the Masai Mara National Reserve, visit Ol Pejeta Conservancy, home to one of East Africa’s largest private rhino sanctuaries, and view rare wildlife at Sambura National Reserve.
- SOUTHERN EXPLORER: A 10-day safari adventure from Cape Town to Johannesburg. This itinerary includes tours of Cape Town and nearby winelands, the Sabi Sabi Private Reserve and the famous Kruger National Park, and the breathtaking Victoria Falls, one of the world’s Seven Natural Wonders.
- WONDERS OF TANZANIA: A 9-day safari adventure roundtrip from Arusha, Tanzania. Explore the picturesque Tarangire National Park, known for its large elephant population, breathtaking Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and view the endless wildlife at TAASA Private Reserve, on the northern edge of the world-renowned Serengeti.
If you are interested in creating your future African safari, we would be happy to work with you to help plan your ultimate adventure.