Natural Habitat Adventures has created the ultimate nature lover’s trip to Belize — a nine day adventure to the world’s most diverse nature travel destination. New for 2015, NHA’s Ultimate Nature Belize Safari is a handcrafted itinerary designed to showcase the best of wild Belize.
There is a wealth of wonders tucked inside this tiny country on the edge of the Yucatán Peninsula. Belize also boasts the planet’s second-longest barrier reef beneath the transparent turquoise seas that edge its lush jungles. The screech of parrots and howler monkeys rings out through the rain forest, where jaguars and ocelots slink through a tangle of bromeliads and orchids.
BELIZE NATURE SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
- Discover the natural and cultural treasures of Belize, including a spectacular array of tropical wildlife.
- Track jaguars in Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Preserve, a rarely visited private conservation area that boasts the highest sighting rate in Central America. Sightings of other cats such as puma, ocelot, jaguarundi and margay. The sanctuary is also home to peccary, paca, brocket deer, tayra and coatimundi.
- Snorkel over the world’s second-longest barrier reef off remote South Water Caye and enter ancient subterranean caves by canoe. This marine island reserve is located on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second longest in the world after Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
- Visit a Smithsonian field research station on the tiny island of Carrie Bow Cay. The location of Carrie Bow Cay allows immediate access to reef environments, seagrass habitats and mangrove islands.
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the famous Hummingbird Highway on your way to the dramatic Mayan ruins of Xunantunich. You’ll discover the intricately carved stone temples of this ancient civilization, including the 130-foot-high pyramid of El Castillo.
- Experience thousand-foot waterfalls and more than 90 miles of trails at Hidden Valley, an intimate eco-resort set within a 7,300-acre private nature reserve in the Maya Mountains.
End each day of exploration enjoying the pleasures of four of the finest ecolodges in the world.
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort that enjoys an idyllic private setting on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins.
Pelican Beach Resort
Relaxation and natural beauty define a stay at this idyllic retreat. Pelican Beach Resort is located on the southern end of South Water Caye, a private island just 15 acres in size.
Hidden Valley Inn
Hidden Valley Inn is an intimate eco-resort set with a private nature reserve in the Maya Mountains, offering surprising luxury in perfect harmony with its natural environs.
Chan Chich Lodge
Chan Chich Lodge is Belize’s premier jungle ecolodge. Set within a 130,000-acre private nature reserve in the heart of “La Selva Maya,” the lodge is situated in the plaza of an ancient Mayan city.
The Natural Habitat Adventures 9 day Ultimate Belize Nature Safari is offered multiple times during 2015 and 2015, with pricing starting at $5,995. Tour groups are limited to 12. For more information about this adventure safari, including dates, pricing, and inclusions, please contact Global Travel Destinations.