Jordan lies at the crossroads of the Middle East and has long been a strategic connection between the empires of Europe, Africa and Asia.
For a small country, it’s also incredibly diverse, ranging from the verdant fields of the Jordan Valley and northern highlands to the stark deserts of the south.
Cox & Kings offers handcrafted itineraries, their exclusive Private Journeys, that give you an insider’s perspective on the historic and natural wonders of the country. You’ll visit the Lost City of Petra, the Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash, the buoyant waters of the Dead Sea and the lunar landscapes of Wadi Rum.
Private Journeys are handcrafted itineraries for one or more travelers with on-the-ground support, a private guide, and a private vehicle. Private Journeys represent the best of the custom programs Cox & Kings has designed over the years. Their insider knowledge and destination expertise make these innovative journeys truly unique experiences.
Hidden Treasures of Jordan
On this 7-day Private Journey, you’ll explore the classical city ruins of Jerash, the White City of Amman and the crusader castle of Aljun. Continue along parts of the King’s Highway to one of the New Seven Wonders of the World: Petra, the rose-red city lost for more than a millennium. Visit the stunning Byzantine mosaics at Madaba, experience Bedouin culture in Wadi Rum, and complete your exploration of the country as you luxuriate in the curative waters of Dead Sea at your spa resort.
- Tour the White City of Amman with your expert local guide
- Roam through the exquisitely preserved Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash
- View the Holy Land from the summit of Mt. Nebo facing Jerusalem
- Visit the magnificent 12th-century crusader castle of Kerak
- Discover the wonders of the rose-red city of Petra
- Explore the striking landscapes of Wadi Rum by camel
- Embark on an excursion to the biblical land of “Bethany beyond the Jordan”
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea and luxuriate in your elegant resort
The Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour is offered on multiple departure dates. Trip length is 7 days/6 nights. Prices start at $2,735 per person based on double occupancy. The price includes accommodation based on double occupancy, privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply), services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort, entrance fees, and some meals. Airfare is not included.
Egypt & Jordan: Lost Kingdoms
This 12-day Private Journey highlights the rich cultural heritage and stunning landscapes of Egypt and Jordan. From the Great Pyramids at Giza to Luxor’s Valley of the Kings, you’ll visit the splendors of ancient Egypt in the fashion of the pharaohs. Cruise the fabled Nile aboard an elegant yacht. Then travel to Jordan to discover the Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash, the biblical site of Mount Nebo and the lost city of Petra. End the tour with a float in the Dead Sea at your beautiful resort.
- Witness the sound-and-light show at the Great Pyramids at Giza
- Marvel at the treasures of Tutankhamun and the mummy room in the Egyptian Museum
- Cruise the Nile aboard a luxurious yacht
- Stroll through history in the Valley of the Kings
- Sightsee with a private Egyptologist
- Explore Jerash’s Greco-Roman ruins
- Visit the biblical site of Mount Nebo
- Discover the hidden treasures in the Rose Red city of Petra in Jordan
- Float in the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth
The Egypt & Jordan: Lost Kingdoms tour is offered on multiple departure dates. Trip length is 12 days/11 nights. Prices start at $5,995 per person based on double occupancy. The price includes accommodation based on double occupancy, services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort, entrance fees, and some meals. Airfare is not included.
Book Your Trip
With clear, blue skies and mild temperatures, spring, fall, and winter are great times to visit Jordan. As a bonus, when you book one of these featured Private Journeys with us by May 27, you will save $500 per person ($1,000 per couple). Please contact us for complete itinerary details, dates, and pricing.