In response to popular demand, Silversea has added three new Antarctica Bridge voyages for the 2023-2024 season. These new voyages are part of Silversea’s “fly-cruise program” which provides the fastest, most direct route to Antarctica by flying over the Drake Passage. This program is perfect for time-conscious travelers who prefer to experience the White Continent without crossing the Drake Passage.
As part of the fly-cruise program, guests will have a broad array of voyage lengths sailing on Silversea’s three ice-class expedition ships.
3 New Voyages On Silver Cloud
Adding to Silversea’s existing Antarctica Bridge offering for 2022 and 2023, guests seeking the fast track to the White Continent can select from two new five-day expedition voyages aboard Silver Cloud, departing February 2 and 7, 2024, besides a six-day sailing departing February 12, 2024.
After landing at Chile’s Eduardo Frei Montalva air base on King George Island, guests can explore destinations such as Antarctic Sound, the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands, before returning to King George Island.
Silversea’s Expedition Team will guide Zodiac tours, kayaking adventures and explorations ashore, as well as providing lectures on the region’s geology, wildlife, and history. In addition to viewing incredible ice formations and otherworldly landscapes, guests will also visit large penguin rookeries, and will have ample opportunity to see several species of seals, whales and other birds.
Sailings that Cross the Drake Passage
For sailings that cross the Drake Passage, Silversea recently launched roundtrip voyages from the new gateway of Puerto Williams, Chile. From the 2022-2023 season, guests sailing aboard the three ice-class expedition ships – Silver Cloud, Silver Wind and Silver Explorer – will enjoy more convenient flight times, personalized service during a private charter flight, and quicker transfers to the ship.
All-Inclusive Polar Offerings
Guests traveling on Silversea’s Antarctica Bridge voyages will enjoy the following inclusions:
- Private executive transfers*
- International roundtrip flights
- One night pre-cruise hotel stay and one post-cruise hotel night stay in Santiago*
- In-country flights to Punta Arenas
- One pre-cruise hotel and one post-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas
- Private Business Class roundtrip flight between Punta Arenas and King George Island
- Transfers and luggage handling
- Butler service and onboard gratuities
- Highly-qualified Expedition Team, comprised of experts in their field
- Enrichment lectures, guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shore-side activities
- Complimentary expedition gear
*Certain restrictions may apply.