Celebrity Cruises revealed details about its newest luxury ship, Celebrity Ascent, the latest ship in Celebrity’s Edge Series. The 3,260-passenger ship will launch in November 2023 with two preview sailings, followed by a 7-night maiden voyage departing in December. The ship will be based in South Florida for the 2023-2024 Caribbean season from December 2023 to April 2024. The ship will offer departures from Ft. Lauderdale, exploring destinations like the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgin Islands.
Following its inaugural Caribbean season, Celebrity Ascent will sail summer itineraries in the Mediterranean.
On board Celebrity Ascent, guests will enjoy the signature experiences of the brand’s Edge Series ships, including its industry-first outward facing design that maximizes views and outdoor areas, and a robust food and beverage program with 30 plus choices from casual to fine dining. Spacious and modern staterooms cater to all travelers from solo adventurers and couples, to multi-generational family groups.
Incorporating all the features available in the other Edge Series ships, Celebrity Ascent will bring back favored signature experiences, like The Rooftop Garden, Sunset Bar, Magic Carpet, Grand Plaza, and the sprawling Resort Deck.
“I am so excited to introduce the world to Celebrity Ascent and continue the legacy of Celebrity’s Edge Series,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President Laura Hodges Bethge. “First launched in 2018, the Edge Series transformed what cruising could be and its ships like Edge, Apex and Beyond quickly became consumer favorites. Continuously striving to offer travelers a better way to enjoy travel and reach the world around them, we are so proud of what we have built and look forward to welcoming both seasoned and new cruisers alike.”
New Dining & Beverage Experiences
In addition to returning favorites, guests can look forward to new culinary experiences including:
- A redesigned Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud restaurant. Boulud’s second restaurant at sea (the first is on Celebrity Beyond) will offer an intimate fine dining experience inspired by Boulud’s travels.
- A new plant-based tasting menu, featuring fresh and seasonal ingredients, in Eden Restaurant.
- Le Petit Chef dinner will feature an all-new animation and menu to match.
- Craft Social will offer high-end bourbons and new tasting seminars, in addition to its existing whiskey tastings.
- The Martini Bar will feature brand-new creations and an expanded menu including lychee and passion fruit martinis.
- A revitalized Main Dining experience featuring four complimentary main dining options, each with a signature menu and rotating nightly dishes.
- An outdoor terrace at Blu – exclusive to AquaClass guests, Blu will feature an outdoor terrace available for daytime dining.
The ship will also feature new and enhanced entertainment, art, and retail offerings:
- As the sun sets, guests will enjoy nightly entertainment on the Resort Deck, featuring live performances, live music, and a DJ creating a pulsating dance floor.
- Celebrity will introduce three new production shows in The Theatre, new interactive digital experiences and shows in The Club, and new engaging immersive shows in the Eden Bar and Restaurant, all featuring world-class dances, vocalists, musicians and specialty artists.
- The redesigned Casino will feature an all-new gaming floor complete with a new layout and new slot machines with the latest technology.
- Celebrity Ascent’s redesigned Art Gallery will allow guests to better experience priceless art pieces and enjoy exclusive auctions and art events.
- The Sunset Collection by Nate Berkus is a collection of chic travel and home accessories available exclusively on board Celebrity Ascent.
Celebrity’s Edge Series Ships
The Edge Series ships have been hailed as architectural masterpieces, introducing a plethora of industry firsts on a cruise ship, such as an outward-facing resort deck, the world’s first cantilevered floating bar known as the The Magic Carpet®, luxurious new state rooms like the two-story Edge Villas with private plunge pools, and more.
The first Edge Series ship, Celebrity Edge (which launched in 2018), and Celebrity Apex (which launched in 2021) remain among the most highly awarded ships at sea, even being named to TIME Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Places.”