Kimberley Cruise: Australia's Last Frontier
13 days | Broome to Darwin, Australia
This exclusively chartered Kimberley Cruise from Abercrombie & Kent begins with two nights in the Outback beach town of Broome, Australia.
Cruise the Kimberley coast with A&K’s award-winning Expedition Team and uncover one of Australia’s most spectacular locales. Explore the remote city of Broome before setting off on a voyage that combines one-of-a-kind wildlife with lush scenery and vital indigenous culture. Fly by helicopter over Mitchell Falls, spot crocodiles in the Hunter River and view an astonishing horizontal waterfall on this thrilling adventure Down Under.
This luxury expedition cruise is limited to 148 guests.
Abercrombie & Kent is an undisputed leader in luxury travel and offers a collection of small group travel experiences.
Peace of Mind Travel: All A&K Luxury Expedition Cruises emphasize the safety of their guests and incorporate all current health and safety protocols as well as local health regulations.
- Cruise for 10 nights on an exclusively chartered voyage with A&K and uncover the breadth and charm of Kimberley’s rugged coast
- Begin your journey with a two-night stay in the Outback beach town of Broome, known for its white sands, turquoise surf and spectacular sunsets
- Discover ancient rock art during off-the-beaten-path excursions to Freshwater Cove and Bigge Island
- Take off on an included helicopter tour of Mitchell Falls with its tumbling cataracts and pristine freshwater pools
- Discover the Kimberley coast’s labyrinth of coves, valleys and gorges with Zodiac excursions, exploring the mangrove-dotted Hunter River and the canyons and twin falls of King George River
- Soar over the beehive domes of the Outback’s Bungle Bungle Range on a fixed-wing flightseeing adventure
Itinerary at a Glance
DAY 1-2: Arrive Broome, Australia
Arrive in Broome, the region’s largest city, and transfer to your hotel near Cable Beach. Broome is poised at the western edge of the Kimberley and hemmed by the blue Indian Ocean. Meet your fellow guests and A&K’s Expedition Team for a welcome dinner.
DAY 3: Broome | Jewel in the Wilds
Adventure awaits as you set out on your pre-selected excursion. Later, board your luxury expedition cruiser for the next 10 nights.
DAY 4-9: Kimberley’s Wild Coast | Extraordinary Tides
For the next five days, enjoy privileged access to one of the most rarely visited regions in Australia. Your Captain and Expedition Team determine the best daily excursions, which may include: Lacepede Islands, Horizontal Falls, Montgomery Reef, Mitchell Falls, Hunter River, and Bigge Island.
DAY 10: Vansittart Bay | Mysterious Ancient Rock Art
Conditions permitting, visit Jar Island, home to incredible ancient rock art of mysterious origin.
DAY 11: King George River & Falls | The King’s Treasure
Arrive in Koolama Bay at the mouth of the King George River. Your naturalist guides pilot Zodiacs upriver through a spectacular canyon draped in sandstone cliffs, gorges and mangroves. Witness the awe-inspiring King George Falls, plummeting from an elevation of 276 feet.
DAY 12: Wyndham | Gateway to Natural Wonders
This photogenic wetlands includes the spectacular Ord River, where you may spot unique birds; the man-made Argyle Dam; and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Purnululu National Park. Choose from a wildlife cruise on the Ord River or a scenic flight over east Kimberley and the Bungle Bungle Range.
DAY 13: At Sea & Pulau Meatimiarang, Indonesia | The Timor Sea
Enjoy a day at sea and the opportunity to unwind with fellow guests and your Expedition Team while cruising through Indonesian waters to clear customs. Later, join your Expedition Team and fellow guests for a farewell dinner.
DAY 14: Depart Darwin, Australia
Bid farewell to your Expedition Team before disembarking your ship. Transfer to the airport to board your flight home.
Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa | Broome, Australia
Charming beachfront resort with two pools, international cuisine, award-winning spa and more.
Le Laperouse Luxury Yacht
Enjoy all-balcony accommodations on an exclusively chartered mega-yacht from Ponant Cruises.
Dates and Pricing
May 2023 Departure | From $14,495 per person
Prices are per person, double occupancy for the itinerary as published, and subject to availability. Categories 4-8 include room upgrade at the hotel and butler service aboard the ship. Air not included. Cruise is limited to 148 guests.
Contact us for complete pricing and itinerary details.
Extend Your Journey
Ningaloo Reef Pre-Tour Extension | 5 Days from $7,495 per person
(Internal air from $1,475)
Experience the wonders of the Ningaloo Coast and Cape Range National Park, where you can snorkel and swim with whale sharks. Includes one night accommodation at The Ritz Carlton, Perth and three nights at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef.
Perth & Margaret River Pre-Tour Extension | 5 Days from $5,495 per person
(Internal air from $425)
Experience prized wineries in the Margaret River region, the Jewel Caves of the Karri forest and beachfront Perth. Includes two nights accommodation at The Ritz Carlton, Perth and two nights at Pullman Bunker Bay Resort.
Arnhem Land Post-Tour Extension | 4 Days from $5,495 per person
(Internal air included)
Discover the wonders of an aboriginal reserve with activities from fishing to a billabong cruise. Includes private charter flight to Arnhem Land, one of the largest Aboriginal Reserves in Australia; two nights accommodation at Davidson’s Arnhemland Safari Lodge and one night at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.
- An Exclusively Chartered, All-Inclusive Voyage Led by A&K’s Expedition Team
- Pre-Cruise Stay at Stylish, Ideally Located Hotels and A&K-Led Excursions
- Airport Meet and Greet with Private Transfers
- Private Balcony with Every Onboard Accommodation and Butler Service with Every Suite
- Maximum Personnel-to-Guest Ratio of 1 to 1.3
- Culinary Program Featuring French-Inspired Cuisine, Including House Drinks, Afternoon Tea and Pastries
- 24-Hour Room Service and Breakfast in Bed
- Zodiac Excursions Led by Expert Naturalist Driver-Guides
- Traveller’s Valet® Laundry Service
- All Gratuities, Port Charges and Taxes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on Board and in Hotels
- Onboard Service from an English-Speaking Staff, Including an Accredited Physician
- 24/7 A&K On-Call Support
About A&K Luxury Expedition Cruises
A&K’s luxury expedition cruises are exclusively chartered, expert-led expeditions to exotic locales, with a maximum group size of 199 guests.
Backed by 30 years’ experience, A&K’s exclusive chartered journeys explore the Antarctica, the Arctic, the Northeast Passage, Japan, Greece, Australia and the Baltics, sailing on luxurious all-balcony ships.
We work closely with you and in conjunction with A&K to create a made-to-order journey of a lifetime, optimized to make sure you get the most out of every moment.
Contact us for more information about travel adventures with Abercrombie & Kent.