If you’ve had dreams of visiting Antarctica this year, you’re in luck. There’s still space available on four Silversea Antarctica Expeditions. On a Silversea Antarctica cruise you will discover a place unlike anywhere else on earth. A world where unique nature and wildlife species exist and in fact thrive despite the harsh climate.
During your Silversea Antarctica Expedition you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Marvel at spectacular iceberg sculptures and calving glaciers.
- Observe seals sunbathing on slow-moving ice floes – elephant, Antarctic fur, Weddell, leopard and crabeater seals.
- Hear the cries of gentoo, chinstrap and Adelie penguins, multiplied by the thousands.
- Feel the unspeakable magnificence of a whale surfacing from beneath the frigid waters. Witness iceberg sculptures like enormous works of avant-garde art.
- Visit historic whaling sites and watch for humpback, Minke, orca, pilot, and beaked whales.
These astounding animal encounters are opportunities found nowhere else on earth, and yours to experience with Silversea Expeditions.
On your Antarctic cruise onboard the Silver Explorer, you will depart from Punta Arenas, Chile, cruise the Garabaldi Glacier, and spend two days traveling through the Drake Passage. You will have five days to cruise and explore the Antarctica Peninsula before returning through the Drake Passage and arriving in Ushuaia, Argentina.
You will be accompanied by an expert team of naturalists, geologists, biologists, historians, and ornithologists. The Silversea Expedition team will enhance your experience through lectures and briefings to guided field studies.
Silver Explorer expedition cruise ship has been designed with an ice-strengthened hull specifically for navigating the Antarctica waters. Onboard, Silver Explorer offers a convivial, cosmopolitan ambience, as well as some of the largest accommodations of any expedition cruise ship. The 132 guests will enjoy many special amenities usually found only on larger ships.
A journey to Antarctica is a life changing experience. And an Antarctic cruise will immerse you in the wonders of this surreal landscape. Contact Global Travel Destinations if you would like more information regarding the Silversea Expedition cruises that are still available this year.