On a Tauck People-to-People exchange tour, you come face-to-face with the people of Cuba – students, teachers, artists, dancers, craftsmen, agricultural workers and more – to share thoughts and insights, and connect with their rich history and culture.
Tauck offers two People-to-People trips for 2016 – a 13-day island tour and a 7-day Havana tour – that begin and end in Miami, with round-trip chartered flights between Miami and Havana.
1 Cuba: A Cultural Odyssey (13 day)
New for 2016, Tauck heads across the length of the island for in-depth educational exchange in Havana, San Francisco de Paula, Santa Clara, Camagüey, Holguín and more. Meet face-to-face with students, teachers, artists, artisans, musicians, community leaders, families, as you visit historically and culturally significant locations in Cuba.
- Talk with students, teachers, artists, preservationists, musicians, community leaders
- Delve into Cuban education, history, music, architecture, and agriculture
- Learn about Ernest Hemingway’s life and work in Cuba, visiting his farm, Finca Vigia, and the Hotel Ambos Mundos, his first home in Cuba
- Enjoy lunch at a privately run paladar (a private home turned into a restaurant) and meet the owner
- Visit the Che Guevara Mausoleum in Santa Clara and discuss his role in Fido Castro’s Cuban Revolution
Dates and Pricing
There are multiple departures are scheduled in 2016. Prices for Tauck’s 13 day Cuba itinerary start at $7,990 and include all accommodations, gratuities, meals, ground transportation, sightseeing, luggage handling, and airport transfers. You’ll be accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English and Spanish.
2 Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture (7 day)
Meet face-to-face with local residents from different professions, gain knowledge and insight into Cuba’s cultural heritage with Tauck’s 7-day People-to-People educational exchange trip. During your visit, you’ll interact with the people of Cuba on themes including culture and the arts, history, agriculture, architecture, entrepreneurism, community spirit, baseball and more.
- Enjoy a walking tour of historic Old Havana, visiting the beautiful Catedral de San Cristóbal
- Visit the iconic Revolution Square with its memorial tower honoring José Martí, the early champion of Cuba independence
- Learn about Cuba’s passion for baseball with a highly regarded Cuban ballplayer and a visit to a local Little League baseball team
- Travel to Pinar del Rio for a demonstration of cigar making and visit the tobacco fields that produce Cuba’s most famous product
Dates and Pricing
There are multiple departures scheduled in 2016. Prices for Tauck’s 7 day Cuba itinerary start at $5,590 based on double occupancy, and include all accommodations, gratuities, meals, ground transportation, sightseeing, luggage handling, and airport transfers. You’ll be accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English and Spanish.
Book Your Cuba Trip
If you are interested in one of these escorted Travcoa Cuba tours, please contact us for complete details. We will work with you to identify which tour best matches your travel desires, dates and pricing.
Source and Images: Tauck Cuba People-to-People Tours