We all need something to look forward to. It’s time to get that feeling once again because there is nothing more exciting than planning that next perfect getaway.
“Booking a trip – even just getting it on the calendar – might be the very thing we need to restore our emotional immune system after months of mounting uncertainty and stress,” said Michelle Gielan, Founder, Institute for Applied Positive Research.
Booking a Trip Brings Joy
A new survey finds booking travel generates happiness and can alleviate stress and uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 97% of survey respondents report that having a trip planned makes them happier.
- 82% say a booked trip makes them “moderately” or “significantly” happier.
- 71% reported feeling greater levels of energy knowing they had a trip planned in the next six months.
Survey respondents overwhelmingly believe that anticipating a planned trip delivers significant mental health benefits – and a sense of control during a very uncertain time.
Respondents strongly agreed with the following statements:
- Simply knowing there was something to look forward to would bring me joy: 95%
- Planning travel for some time in the next six months would bring me happiness: 80%
- Getting to travel and feeling safe while doing it would bring me peace of mind: 96%
- Planning something would make me feel more in control amidst so much uncertainty: 74%
(Survey conducted by the Institute for Applied Positive Research for the Let’s Go There Coalition.)
Let’s Go There Coalition
Let’s Go There is a national initiative to encourage Americans to think about their future travels. And, to make plans to go when the moment is right. The Let’s Go There Coalition includes more than 75 partnering businesses from the travel industry. The Coalition includes some of the most recognizable U.S. brands from both within and outside the travel sector.
We are proud to be a supporter of the Let’s Go There campaign, joining the collective travel industry across the United States. We are all working together to inspire your next great adventure and to ensure your future trips are as healthy and safe as possible.
When the time is right for you to travel again, Global Travel Destinations will be ready to safely welcome you back.