For such a small country, Iceland is big when it comes to natural wonders. Glaciers and geysers, hot springs and waterfalls, basalt pillars and black sand beaches, frigid fjords and flowing lava … Iceland has all these and more.
Natural Habitat Adventures has created an 11-day tour of this small country that straddles the Artic Circle. On the most sparsely populated country in Europe, you’ll be outnumbered by whales, seals, and puffins while you are on private boat excursions. Inland, you’ll walk atop raw terrain born of fiery volcanoes and sculpted by ice.
Natural Habitat Adventures is offering this unique tour of Iceland on two different departure dates in both 2016 and 2017.
During your tour, you’ll make a complete loop around Iceland by private mini bus, chartered flight, excursion boat and 4×4. You’ll explore rarely visited areas including the remote Westfjords and experience Iceland’s volcanic phenomena.
- Backcountry 4×4 tour in the rugged and remote Westfjords
- Private boat trip to Vigur Island for seabirds and humpback whale watching
- Basalt and lava formations in Vatnajokull National Park
- Boat excursion to seal colony in Lonafjordur Fjord
- Magnificent waterfalls including Mongufoss, Dettifoss and Skogafoss
- Super Jeep tour to Askja Volcano crater, with a walk on new lava
- Boat cruise among the icebergs in Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Easy hikes or optional glacier walk in Skaftafell National Park
- Geothermal features: bubbling mud pots, steaming geysers, and hot springs
- Fishing villages in the Eastfjords and black sand beaches on the south coast
- Outstanding meals featuring fresh seafood and other local specialties
The 11-day Iceland trip is offered two times in both 2016 and 2017 – departing July 19 and August 23. Each trip is limited to 12 guests. Prices start at $11,995 per person based on double occupancy.
Included: Arrival and departure airport transfers to the Reykjavik Centrum hotel, accommodations, land transportation, internal flights, meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on final day, services of an NHA Expedition Leader and local guides, all permits, entrance fees and taxes.
Not Included: Round-trip transportation to and from the start and end points of the trip (Keflavik, Iceland), airport transfers if you are staying at a hotel other than the Reykjavik Centrum, optional activities, items of a personal nature (phone calls, laundry, Internet, etc.), alcoholic beverages, airline baggage fees and optional travel insurance.
Book Your Iceland Trip
The Natural Habitat Iceland adventure the perfect opportunity to experience the unique landscape of Iceland. Contact us for more information, including a detailed itinerary, availability, and complete list of inclusions.
SOURCE Natural Habitat Adventures