Crystal Cruises announced plans for the most significant brand expansion in the history of luxury travel and hospitality. Over the next three years, Crystal Cruises will introduce new ships – effectively establishing three brand new classes of cruising – as well as its own Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
Fresh from new investment by Genting Hong Kong, the luxury line’s new owner, Crystal announced the launch of several new high-end products. In summary:
- Crystal plans to create new luxury cruising products focused on yachting and river cruising. Crystal Esprit, the new yachting vessel, will debut later this year.
- Crystal plans for its own new river vessels, two of which are scheduled to be on European waterways in 2017.
- The luxury line will roll out Crystal Luxury Air with its own private Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet for around-the-world itineraries.
- The line ordered three new Crystal Exclusive Class ships for delivery, starting in 2018. These will be polar-ice-rated vessels and will have a dedicated deck of 48 owner-owned residences.
CRYSTAL YACHT CRUISES – December 2015
Late this year, Crystal Esprit will embark on its maiden voyage as the first expansion of the Crystal Cruises fleet. The vessel is an extravagantly appointed 62-guest yacht. The all-suite yacht will feature high-end finishes and modern technology, and is outfitted with some extreme features, like a two-passenger submarine, four 10-passenger zodiacs for special excursions and a 12-passenger Wider 32-foot super yacht tender for special boating adventures.
The first voyage sails December 23, 2015, exploring the Seychelles Islands, followed by an inclusive, post-cruise New Year’s Eve celebration at the Taj Dubai Hotel.
If you are a Crystal Society member, you can book a reservation on Crystal Esprit with us now through August 31 for voyages in 2015 through early 2018. After that, the bookings will open to everyone.
CRYSTAL RIVER CRUISES – Spring 2017
Offering expertly curated itineraries, Crystal River Cruises will continue the hallmarks of the all-inclusive Crystal experience – six-star service, world-class dining, and enriching shore-side adventures. Crystal’s river vessels will feature spacious suites with exquisitely designed interiors and elegant public rooms.
CRYSTAL LUXURY AIR – 2017
Also in 2017, Crystal will launch Crystal Luxury Air, making it the first in the luxury travel industry to offer extravagant around-the-world trips on the world’s most advanced twin-aisle Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The plush aircraft will fly 60 guests in fully reclining business class seats to coveted destinations to which major airlines do not offer nonstop service.
Each approximately 28-day itinerary will visit 10-12 remote and/or sought-after locales, with accommodations at some of the world’s finest hotels and resorts; cuisine prepared by celebrity chefs inspired by the destination; and world-class cultural entertainment.
CRYSTAL EXCLUSIVE CLASS OCEAN VESSELS – Late 2018
Crystal continues to expand its ocean vessels with the introduction of three new Crystal Exclusive Class cruise ships. All three will be polar ice class vessels with the first expected for delivery in late 2018. Genting Hong Kong has signed a letter of intent with Lloyd Werft in Germany to build the polar ice class vessels.
With the introduction of these new vessels, Crystal will deliver expedition-capable ships with all the signature features and amenities of a luxury ship or private yacht. The all-suite, all balcony ship will accommodate 1,000 guests and weigh more than 100,000 gross tons.
In addition to the normal cruise suite accommodations, the new ships will have a dedicated deck of 48 owned residences with their own dedicated lounge and restaurant.
Other revolutionary features being introduced on Crystal’s new vessels are:
- A minimum of 400 square feet for the guestroom suites. That compares to a minimum of 226 square feet on Crystal Serenity and 202 square feet on Crystal Symphony.
- Increased ceiling heights by one foot to eight feet in all suites and decks.
- Raising the bar on personal attention and service with 1,000 crew members per ship or a one-to-one crew-to-guest ratio.
The plans fulfill Crystal CEO Edie Rodriguez’s growing vision for the company since taking the helm in 2013, while also solidifying Crystal’s unrivaled reputation for innovating new facets of luxury travel.
“It has been a personal mission of mine since joining Crystal to see that this incredible company reach new potential – and thus, new luxury travelers from all over the world – as we continue to deliver unparalleled guest experiences and superior standards of excellence,” said Rodriguez.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises Press Release
Rendering courtesy of Crystal Cruises