Crystal River Cruises has announced a new collection of inclusive shore excursions for voyages along Europe’s Danube, Rhine and Main rivers. The newly added destination experiences are tailored to travelers’ individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes and unique activities.
Nearly 200 enriching excursions are included that highlight the character of each destination, with additional adventures available at a cost. The shore events comprise five types of experiences, including:
- Personal Connections – Explore the culture of a destination and enjoy a one-of-a-kind tour hosted by local residents, artisans and experts.
- Tantalizing Gastronomy – Discover the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination through a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities.
- Cultural Discoveries – Delve deep into a destination with insight from expert guides on historical landmarks, iconic locations and architectural sites.
- Exhilarating Adventures – For active cruise travelers, participate in a selection of invigorating pursuits that combine historical and cultural experiences.
- Design Your Time – Create a personalized excursion with a concierge service that designs unique private tours as well as a menu of customized choices.
Inclusive Shore Excursions
With nearly 200 inclusive shore events available, many destinations offer more than a dozen choices. Some of the new experiences are featured on voyages in Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland, Slovenia, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia. Some of the shore excursions include:
- Culinary experience in Rotterdam
- String and opera performance in a historic Antwerp cathedral
- A full day exploring Salzburg from Linz
- Horse show and carriage ride at Lázár Equestrian Park
- An owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem
- Cycle to Veitshochheim Castle and its Rococo Garden in Wurzburg
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Amsterdam’s greenhouses, where the famous tulips are cultivated
Optional Excursions Available
Crystal River Cruises also offers optional excursions, available at an additional cost. Some of these events include:
- Vintage photography adventure in Vukovar
- Hands-on instruction in Linzer torte baking
- Wine tasting in the renowned cellars of Vienna’s Palais Coburg
- Canoe through the romantic canals of Strasbourg
- Explore Budapest by Trabant Cars
- Hands-on creativity in one of Novi Sad’s last remaining tapestry workshops
- Horseback riding through the forests of Novi Sad’s Fruška Gora National Park
Excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests. For larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free Wi-Fi.
The selection of destination experiences are offered on the entire Crystal River Cruises fleet, including Crystal Mozart, Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Debussy, and Crystal Ravel.
Source: Crystal Cruises Press Release