Celebrity Equinox recently received significant upgrades as part of Celebrity Cruises $500 million Celebrity Revolution – a fleet-wide modernization and enhancement project. Celebrity Equinox is the first Solstice class ship and the third ship in Celebrity’s fleet to receive the Celebrity Revolution upgrades.
Celebrity Equinox spent a total of 29 days in May in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain. Over 500 people – from engineers, architects, designers and Celebrity teams – participated in the modernization effort.
“Celebrity Equinox holds a very special place in the hearts of everyone at Celebrity Cruises, and also for our guests; this one-of-a-kind ship continues to be the most awarded in our entire fleet,” said Lisa Lutoff- Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Now, emerging from her dramatic modernization, our guests are going to love the new, ‘revolutionized’ Celebrity Equinox even more. There is no better way to experience the Caribbean year-round than on board this stunning ship.”
Guests onboard Celebrity Equinox will enjoy enhancements that include:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- The awe-inspiring Qsine restaurant, featuring both the brand-exclusive Le Petit Chef and Friends and the original Le Petit Chef, two amazing dining experiences developed in partnership with TableMation and Skullmapping that bring the tabletop to life using innovative 4K technology
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar, perfect for mixing and mingling before and after dinner
- Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, mouthwatering comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide with stunning enhancements designed with guest comfort in mind, now all featuring Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding collection with luxurious king-sized Cashmere mattresses
- The launch of an exciting new partnership with the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, featuring STEM-focused activities and unique, first-at-sea programming offered as part of the popular Camp at Sea for young cruisers
- Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi, as well as facial recognition technology on the Celebrity Cruises app to enable smooth port arrival and expedited boarding. Other new app features include guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys.
- Unique new treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at the Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine, among others
- A new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot and other Swiss watch brands
Celebrity Equinox sails the Caribbean on 5- to 12-night itineraries departing from Fort Lauderdale. Celebrity Silhouette is next up to receive upgrades, which are scheduled for completion in January 2020. Five more Celebrity ships – Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Reflection – are set to receive enhancements between May 2020 and February 2023.