Crystal Cruises today unveiled the ultra-chic design for the first vessel in the Crystal River Cruises fleet. Crystal Mozart will set sail on July 13 on its maiden voyage round-trip from Vienna, with spacious and stylishly outfitted guest suites, public lounges and dining venues.
Crystal Mozart is named after the famous Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and is designed to fit into the wider locks of the Danube River from Passau in Germany to Budapest in Hungary. Its crew-to-guest ratio is approximately 1:1.75 – which equals 91 trained crew members to 158 guests.
The ship will have a pop-up bar area on the top Vista deck with a vanishing movie screen for al fresco evening shows. Also on the Vista deck will be a living rooftop garden area with teak bench seating areas for guests to enjoy nature as they sail along the Danube River.
Two custom tender boats will be available on board for more intimate exploration of the waterway’s locales.
The ship’s four main decks will offer numerous public areas for guests to enjoy onboard enrichment, fitness and wellness, and world-class dining. A newly installed elevator will be located mid-ship to take guests between the Harmony and Crystal decks.
Elegant and casual dining options will be available throughout the day, including:
- Waterside – The main dining area with an indoor/outdoor setting, which will serve elaborate breakfast and lunch buffets, followed by upscale evening dinner service.
- Palm Court – A main hub for dancing and live local entertainment, as well as casual cocktails and tea.
- Blue – This aft indoor dining area will offer a casual atmosphere and a menu of global comfort food.
- Bistro Mozart – The go-to spot for freshly baked pastries, fruit and snacks, plus coffee, espresso and tea, and light bites throughout the day.
- The Pantry – A self-service wine and beverage bar, ideal for a quick snack on the go.
- The Vintage Room – An intimate dining room for approximately a dozen guests will host winemakers’ dinners and special occasions.
- The Cove – The main gathering spot for guests as they share stories, cocktails and music. Housing a Yamaha AvantGrand Piano,Betzenderfer Grand Piano, The Cove will be manned by the entertainment host.
The 158-guest capacity Crystal Mozart will have window suites of 219 square feet, deluxe suites with French Balcony of 219 square feet, penthouse suites of 330 square feet and a two-bedroom Crystal Suites of 883 square feet, the largest suite on any river vessel afloat.
One-bedroom Penthouses and the two-bedroom Crystal Suite will feature French Balconies, walk-in closets and separate showers and oversized bathtubs. Crystal’s acclaimed butler service will be available with every guest suite.
The guest suites will feature king-size beds, Nespresso machines, 40-inch flat-screen televisions and sparkling marble bathrooms.
Book Your River Cruise
Fares for Crystal River Cruises collection from 2016 through 2018, including Crystal Mozart’s maiden voyage, are open for booking. Please let us know if you’d any assistance arranging a cruise onboard one of Crystal’s new luxury river cruise ships.